Oily skin is a prevalent problem for a lot of people, but many don’t know that oily skin can be damaging to our pillows. Pillow protectors are important tools to use to stop the oils on our skin from entering our pillows and deteriorating their integrity. In this article, we will review the best pillow protectors to use if you suffer from oily skin.
Our Review of the Three Best Pillow Protectors for Oily Skin
- Our Favorite: Four Seasons Essential Pillow Protectors
- The Runner Up: Everlasting Comfort Waterproof Pillow Protectors
- The Most Affordable: Niagara Sleep Solution Waterproof Pillow Protectors
Our Favorite: Four Seasons Essential Pillow Protectors
After searching through multiple pillow protector options, I found the Four Seasons Essential pillow protectors to be the best quality for keeping skin oils and sweat from my pillow.
The Four Seasons Essential pillow protectors are crafted to keep all sorts of things from entering your pillow. They are waterproof, hypoallergenic, affordable, and breathable. Decide what you think about the Four Seasons Essential pillow protectors by checking out the box below!
We rated the Four Seasons Essential Pillow Protectors in a number of categories including protection, breathability, comfort, waterproofing, and customer satisfaction.
- Bed Bug Protection
- Slightly stiff
- Slightly noisy
I have always suffered from oily skin, and I tend to sweat and drool in my sleep. For these reasons, I found it necessary to find a pillow protector that could prevent staining from various sources. The Four Seasons Essential pillow protectors do that and more.
The Four Seasons Essential pillow protectors do a fantastic job of preventing staining or spills from entering the pillow because of their thick, polyurethane inner liner. They look nice under a variety of different pillowcases and are soft and smooth to the touch.
- Set includes 2 Standard Size Pillow Protectors measuring 21" (Width) x 27" (Length).
- WATERPROOF - Whether you have pets or kids, accidents and spills happen. This 100% waterproof pillow protector has a polyurethane inner lining that blocks liquids and moisture from getting in and keeps your pillow waterproof, dry and protected!
- SOFT & NOISELESS - Stretchable, breathable fabric keeps liquids, contaminants out without compromising comfort. Designed to be soft and completely noiseless, you will not see or hear crinkles.
If you have oily skin, then the last thing you want is to have a non-breathable pillow protector. With other pillow protectors, I would often grow hot during the night and it would increase my issues with my sweaty, oily skin, but this pillow protector does a great job of not limiting the overall breathability of the pillow.
I did notice that my pillow was slightly stiffer and noisier than it was before, but with the amount of protection that it provided my pillow, it was not significant enough to disappoint me. If you are a very light sleeper, then this pillow protector might not be for you.
After weeks of using the Four Seasons Essential pillow protector, I didn’t notice any staining on my pillow. The pillow protectors are machine-washable and hold up even after washing.
The Four Seasons Essential pillow protectors come in sets of two and are extremely affordable for the functionality they offer. They even offer a wide range of sizes including standard, king, queen, and body pillow.
If you need to protect your pillow from sweating during the night and prevent your face from more breakouts, then the Four Seasons Essential pillow protectors might be the right option for you.
The Runner Up: Everlasting Comfort Waterproof Pillow Protectors
The Everlasting Comfort Waterproof pillow protectors are noteworthy because they are hypoallergenic, waterproof, and stain-blocking.
Unlike the Four Seasons Essential pillow protectors, the Everlasting Comfort Waterproof pillow protectors have an outside layer made of thick, terry-cloth material. If you suffer from oily skin, or sweat in your sleep, this terry-cloth material will trap any liquids before allowing them to enter your pillow.
- Ruined Pillows Are a Thing of the Past: Our pillow case protectors are 100 percent waterproof, shielding against bodily fluids, sweat, and other liquid threats
- Designed to Help You Practice Good Sleep Hygiene: The dual layered design of our waterproof pillow protector shields against dirt, debris, moisture, perspiration, and any other irritants to keep your pillows and sleeping environment safe and healthy
Inside the Everlasting Comfort Waterproof pillow protectors is a thin membrane that works with the terry-cloth material to prevent liquids and contaminants from harming your pillow. This layer also prevents allergens from entering your pillow and limits the time you spend waking up with a sniffly, stuffy nose during allergy season.
The Everlasting Comfort Waterproof pillow protectors come in sets of two and are available in sizes standard, queen, and king.
The Everlasting Comfort Waterproof pillow protectors do a great job of keeping oils out and absorbing sweat. However, some buyers might prefer a different pillow protector option. The terry-cloth material is visible when using a silky or satin-like pillowcase, so people who prefer these styles of pillowcases might look elsewhere.
Like most pillow protectors that have waterproofing abilities, users might find that their pillow is a little stiffer and noisier than usual when they shift throughout the night. If you’re a light sleeper or prefer your pillows to be extremely soft, then the Everlasting Comfort Waterproof pillow protectors might not be best suited for your sleeping needs.
If your Everlasting Comfort Waterproof pillow protectors ever break down or get damaged then you’re in good shape! The Everlasting Comfort Waterproof pillow protectors come with a lifetime replacement policy so that you never have to worry about a broken zipper or wearing it down in the wash.
If you want to learn more about the Everlasting Comfort Waterproof pillow protectors, then click here!
Check Out Our Other Articles on Sleep Detectives:
- The 3 Best Japanese Pillows for Neck Pain
- Your Feather Pillow Smells Like Death? Here’s What You Do…
- The Three Best Pillow Protectors for Oily Skin
The Most Affordable: Niagara Sleep Solution Waterproof Pillow Protectors
The Niagara Sleep Solution Waterproof pillow protectors are by far the most inexpensive of the three pillow protectors we reviewed. Like the other products mentioned before, these pillow protectors are designed to keep sweat and oils from entering your pillow.
The Niagara Sleep Solution Waterproof pillow protectors come in packages of four so that they are an excellent choice if you are trying to protect a multitude of pillows in your home. The pillow protectors are available in sizes king, queen, and standard.
- 100% Waterproof Feather Proof Zippered Protection – Jersey Knit Waterproof Pillow Protectors Standard zipper 20 x 26 inches size set of 4 quiet have microscopic pores in the 100% Waterproof Polyurethane membrane provides protection from all other liquids to keep your pillow safe from Saliva ,perspiration, liquids,stains,sweats and anything wet.
- Makes Old Pillows New , Prolongs Pillows life : Value Deal of Waterproof Standard Pillow Protectors set of 4 Pack 20x26 Inches pillowcase cover encasement are breathable smooth polyester which is easy to clean. Pillow protectors standard size waterproof 2 pack and 4 pack are perfectly machine washable.Luxury pillow protectors with zipper has premium features of cotton pillow protectors.
The outside layer of the Niagara Sleep Solution Waterproof pillow protectors is soft polyester that does a good job of hiding beneath your pillowcase. The inside of the pillow protector is lined with a polyurethane membrane that fights back against any liquid invaders.
Some drawbacks come with the Niagara Sleep Solution Waterproof pillow protectors. They are a bit noisier than the other pillow protector options we listed, and if you are a light sleeper, you may not enjoy sleeping on them.
Although “waterproof” is in the name, the Niagara Sleep Solution Waterproof pillow protectors are more water repellant than waterproof. The Niagara Sleep Solution Waterproof pillow protectors work best when keeping out sweat, oils, and drool associated with sleeping, but they are not intended for large spills.
The Niagara Sleep Solution Waterproof pillow protectors have very strict washing requirements to keep in mind before purchasing. It is best to wash them in cool water and hang dry or tumble dry them without heat.
The good news is that if you purchase the Niagara Sleep Solution Waterproof pillow protectors and don’t like them, they are willing to return the product for your money back. Additionally, the Niagara Sleep Solution Waterproof pillow protectors come with a lifetime warranty against any manufacturing issues that you may discover while using them.
The lower price comes with fewer features, but if you are only looking to keep sweat and oils out, then the Niagara Sleep Solution Waterproof pillow protectors could be the pillow protectors you’re looking for. To read more about the Niagara Sleep Solution Waterproof pillow protectors, click here!