Feather and down pillows are favorite pillow options for a wide range of people, but many may struggle with persistent feathers escaping and poking them in their sleep. Feather-proof pillow protectors can be a great addition to your feather pillows. Continue reading below to explore our review of feather-proof pillow protector options and decide which one is best for you.
What are the Three Best Pillow Protectors for Feather Pillows: Feather-Proof Options?
- Our Favorite: Kingnex Feather Proof Pillow Protectors
- The Runner Up: SureGuard Pillow Protectors
- The Best Price: ComfiLife 100% Waterproof Pillow Protectors
Our Favorite: Kingnex Feather Proof Pillow Protectors
After reviewing multiple pillow protector options, I decided that the Kingnex Feather Proof pillow protectors are the best quality, with the most functionality for the price.
The Kingnex Feather Proof pillow protectors are soft, waterproof, and machine-washable, but the best part is that not a single feather escapes them. If you want to know more, then check out the box below and discover why they are our best pick!
We rated the Kingnex Feather Proof Pillow Protectors in a number of categories including protection, breathability, comfort, waterproofing, and customer satisfaction.
- Slightly stiff
- Low breathability
I am a fan of feather pillows, but I’ve never been enthused about how feathers tend to poke through my pillowcase. The Kingnex Feather Proof pillow protector is one of the few pillow protectors that specifically has feather and down pillows in mind in its creation.
The inner membrane inside the Kingnex Feather Proof pillow protector prevents feathers from escaping and liquids, dirt, and dander from entering. The outer layer of the pillow protector is made from a cotton and bamboo blend that is machine-washable and has a soft, terry towel feeling to the touch.
- Waterproof & Featherproof - The back is coated with advanced membrane, protect your pillows from perspiration, liquids and stains and will block feathers, stops feather poke through
- Full Encasement - Our zippered pillow protector completely seals off your pillow with fine teeth zipper, 360°protection
- Soft & Breathable - The surface is terry fabric, made with bamboo viscose, a material that is soft with excellent breathability, less heat up when sleeping
The Kingnex Feather Proof pillow protectors come in packages of two or four and are affordable for the quality that they offer. They are purchasable in a conveniently wide range of sizes including standard, queen, king, or body pillow.
Most pillow protectors are prone to making the pillow slightly stiff if they have a waterproof layer. The Kingnex Feather Proof pillow is no exception to this flaw, but I found the change to be negligible as I slept throughout the night. Someone who is particularly picky about the fluffiness of their down pillows may not come to the same conclusion.
The Kingnex Feather Proof pillow protector worked excellently when I tested it against a small spill. After removing it, the pillow remained unstained.
However, I feel like the strong protection against feathers and spills does come at a small cost. My pillow did seem a bit warmer than usual because the zipper and protective layers were so good at sealing everything inside that it also seemed to seal the air in as well.
Leaving the zipper slightly opened at the corner did the trick for me in returning the breathability that I had before. Ultimately, this can compromise the protective nature of the pillow protector and is not entirely advisable.
If you’re looking for a feather-proof pillow protector that really keeps the feathers in and is minimally noticeable on your pillow, then the Kingnex Feather Proof pillow protector could be the right choice for you. If you’re still unsure, the Kingnex Feather Proof pillow comes with a ten-year warranty that promises your money back if it isn’t the right fit for your needs.
Alternatively, if you’re looking to replace your current feather and down pillow, then check out our review of the Aikoful Goose Down Pillow.
The Runner Up: SureGuard Pillow Protectors
If you’re looking for a pillow protector that does more than keep your feathers inside your pillow, then the SureGuard pillow protectors might be the option you’re looking for.
The SureGuard pillow protectors are purchasable in either terry cloth or smooth cotton material on the outside. On the inside of the pillow protector is a thick layer that protects against liquids and keeps feathers locked inside. Additionally, the SureGuard pillow is designed to be hypoallergenic for those who worry about mold, mildew, pollen, and pet dander.
- 100% Waterproof - Total protection against perspiration, saliva, liquids and stains; 10-year quality guarantee
- Bed Bug Proof - Super fine zipper with Invisi-Zip technology completely seals off your pillow from bed bugs - Best used with SureGuard Mattress and Box Spring Encasements.
- Hypoallergenic - Keep Your Pillows Clean & Fresh - Blocks dust mites, mold, mildew, pollen and pet dander. Ideal for down feather pillows - Stops feathers and quills from poking through.
Another great thing about the SureGuard pillow protectors is their wide range of sizes. SureGuard pillow protectors are available in the following sizes:
- Standard Size
- Queen Size
- King Size
- Euro Size
- Toddler/Travel Size
- Body Size
However, these additional features do come at a higher price. The SureGuard pillow protectors come in packages of two, but they are still significantly more expensive than the other two products we tested.
Some people have complained that these pillow protectors decrease the breathability of the pillow and can sleep a little too warm for comfort. It is also notable that the thick inner liner that prevents your pillow from being harmed, can make your pillow rustle a little more when shifting from side to side.
The SureGuard pillow protector comes with a ten-year quality guarantee so that even if it isn’t the right fit for you, you can always return it. Click here to view the SureGuard pillow protector and decide for yourself if it is the right pillow protector for you.
Check Out Our Other Articles on Sleep Detectives:
- The 3 Best Japanese Pillows for Neck Pain
- Your Feather Pillow Smells Like Death? Here’s What You Do…
- The Best Pillow Protectors for Oily Skin: Ultimate Protection
The Best Price: ComfiLife 100% Waterproof Pillow Protectors
If you are looking for a more affordable option that still offers a lot of functionality, the ComfiLife 100% Waterproof pillow protectors might be just what you’re looking for.
On the outside of the pillow protectors is a soft and silky Tencel fabric that combines with the inner layer to repel water easily. The inner layer that keeps liquids out also keeps feathers in. The ComfiLife 100% Waterproof pillow protectors are machine-washable.
- Pillow Protector: Tencel Surface creates a soft noiseless surface for ultimate sleeping comfort while the breathable membrane allows air flow and keeps your pillow cool, provides liquid protection. it is natural, softer, cooler and durable compared to cotton. Our Tencel Fabric with Eco Soft technology creates a pleasant, silky and almost soothing cool feeling on the skin.
- Waterproof & Breathable: ComfiLife Pillow Protector is tested and confirmed to be waterproof for 12+ hours. It keeps liquids outside and will protect and prolong the life of your pillows. Use it over your down pillow to lock the feathers inside or use it on your memory foam pillow to prolong their life.
Having the most affordable price doesn’t mean that you are compromising on features. The ComfiLife 100% Waterproof pillow protectors are anti-microbial, hypoallergenic, and bed bug and dust mite resistant.
Similar to the other products listed in our review, the ComfiLife 100% Waterproof pillow protectors can be a bit difficult to get used to at first. Users might experience slightly more rustling when they sleep due to the inner layer that protects the pillow.
However, if you are looking for an uncommon pillow size, then you might be out of luck. The ComfiLife 100% Waterproof pillow protectors come in sizes standard, queen, and king.
It is notable that the term “water repellant” might be a better term than “waterproof” when describing this pillow. If a pillow is entirely soaked in a liquid, the protector may allow some liquid to come through. However, if spills are caught relatively quickly or are minimal, the pillow protectors do an excellent job of beading the water and keeping it from entering the pillow.
The ComfiLife 100% Waterproof pillow protectors come in sets of two and have a lifetime warranty for anyone who is purchasing. If you’re interested in learning more about the ComfiLife 100% Waterproof pillow protectors, click here.